indicates that you're happy to accept cookies.
Click Here to view our Privacy
+44 (0)7793 firstname.lastname@example.org
WW1 BRITISH RED CROSS CAP BADGEScarce variant circular pattern WW I uniformed ambulance drivers cap badge in red and white enamel with two loops,makers details for Gaunt London. 30 mm dia
Code: 53847Price: 45.00 GBP
WW2 WOMENS LAND ARMY BADGEA enamel Womens land Army badge, with brooch fixing to reverse.
Code: 53617Price: 12.00 GBP
BRITISH RED CROSS MEDAL PROFICIENCY A fine gilt & enamel British Red Cross medal, made by J R Gaunt London brooch fixing. In original box, named and numbered.
Code: 53597Price: 20.00 GBP
WW1 VTC CENTRAL ASSOCIATION HOME FRONT BADGEWW1 Central Association of Volunteer Training Corps VTC Home Front Badge, Buttonhole Fitting. Fattorini and Reg mark to reverse.
SCOTTER [LINCOLNSHIRE] RED CROSS BRIGADE BADGEA fine British Red Cross Society badge, with red felt backing and two loops to reverse.
BRITISH RED CROSS MEDAL ANTI GAS TRAINING 1939 & AIR RAID PRECAUTION 1942 3 YEARS SERVICEA fine gilt & enamel British Red Cross medal 3 years service. ARP Air Raid Precaution bar 1942 and Anti Gas training bar.
No 32097 to reverse.
BRITISH RED CROSS MEDAL 1937 PROFICIENCY CHEMICAL WARFAREA fine gilt & enamel British Red Cross medal with Chemical Warfare bar 1937, made by J R Gaunt London brooch fixing.
D. Meyrick 1125.
WW2 MECHANISED TRANSPORT TRAINING CORPS CAP BADGEBronze cap badge with pin to reverse. Formed in 1939 to train drivers for the government. Later the 'Training' was dropped. Reference K&K Vol 2 2192
Code: 52807Price: 50.00 GBP
WW2 MECHANISED TRANSPORT CORPS CAP BADGEMechanised Transport Corps WWII
Bronze cap badge with pin to reverse. Women who were trained Government drivers. 2nd type, no Training in the title. Reference K&K Vol 2 105
WW1 WOMENS LEGION CAP BADGEBrass cap badge with pin brooch fixing to reverse. Raised by Lady Londonderry in 1915. Served at home and on the Western front as motor transport and other duties. Reference K&K Vol 1 1065
A voided oval laurel wreath at the mid-point of which on each side a Tudor rose, in the centre the figure of winged Victory standing on a globe holding up a small laurel wreath. A label across the top of the surrounding wreath bears in script, WL, and across the bottom of the wreath is a scroll bearing the motto ORA ET LABORA (Prayer and Work). The remnants of a pair of lugs are on the reverse. In July-August 1915 Lady Edith, Marchioness of Londonderry, helped establish the all-volunteer Women's Legion, becoming its first Director General. The British Army at this time was suffering from an acute shortage of manpower and the Legion sought to provide support services, initially in the areas of Canteen, Ambulance and Cookery branches, and from 1916, Motor Transport, the latter working largely with the RFC. It became the largest entirely volunteer body and its members adopted a military style of organization and khaki uniform. This included a cap badge depicting the figure of Victory holding a wreath, known by some within its ranks by irreverent title of “the lady with the frying pan”. The first canteen was opened at a convalescent camp in Dartford in August 1915.The Legion was officially recognized by the Army Council in February 1916 and its members were paid by the War Office. In February 1917
& maintained by Concept500