indicates that you're happy to accept cookies.
Click Here to view our Privacy
+44 (0)7793 firstname.lastname@example.org
WW2 KINGS CROWN NATIONAL DEFENCE COMPANY CAP BADGEA fine brass, solid centre version with slider uncleaned cap badge. Height 38 mm
Code: 53755Price: 35.00 GBP
WW2 NON COMBATANT CORPS CAP BADGE.A fine uncleaned brass cap badge for the Non Combatant Corps (N.C.C.). In good condition complete with slider. Worn 1939-40
The NCC was re-formed during August 1940, just over a year after conscription was reintroduced.The corps was composed of conscripted men who had been registered as non-combatants by tribunals. Unlike in the Great War, there were also enlisted members of the NCC who had been deemed not physically competent for combatant service. This gave the Corps less of a stigma than it had twenty five years earlier. It was divided into 14 companies, commanded mostly by veteran officers of the First World War and reservists. During the course of the war 6,766 men served in the NCC, of whom 465 volunteered to specialise in bomb disposal, on attachment to the Royal Engineers but remaining in the NCC. In 1944-45 some volunteered for transfer to the Royal Army Medical Corps, while retaining their non-combatant status, in order to join Parachute Field Ambulance units dropped over France on and after D-Day. Others worked in army stores, transport, agriculture, forestry, or on other projects 'not involving the handling of military material of an aggressive nature'. As in WW1, the NCC was part of the army, not a civilian unit.
UNITED SERVICES CORPS CAP BADGEA fine brass cap badge, with two loops to the reverse.
Looks like a QVC, but is in fact the St Edwards Crown. USC started life as the Veterans Corps and Employment Bureau in 1908. The Veterans Corps and Employment Bureau were very similar to the Corps of Commissionaires, USC folded in 1973 and all remaining 444 members merged into the Corps of Commissionaires.
Code: 53624Price: 25.00 GBP
MILITARY PROVOST STAFF FORAGE CAP BADGEA fine scarce kings crown gilding metal cap badge, with three loops to reverse.
Reference K & K Vol 1 item 1053 page 269
Code: 53565Price: 60.00 GBP
E11R GURKHA MILITARY POLICE CAP BADGEA good scarce post 1953 locally made die cast w/m example.
Two loops to reverse, once had a slider.
Code: 53406Price: 20.00 GBP
ARMY CYCLIST CORPS WW1 16 [spoke] CAP BADGEA good die stamped 16 spoke brass example, with slider to the reverse.
Reference K & K Vol 1 item 1871 page 449
Code: 53351Price: 22.00 GBP
WOMENS ARMY AUXILIARY CORPS CAP BADGEA fine gilding metal example, with two loops to reverse. Reference K & K Vol 1 item page 272
The UK's Women's Army Auxiliary Corps (1917–1918) was later named Queen Mary's Army Auxiliary Corps (1918–1920). It was formally instituted on 7 July, 1917 by Sir Neville Macready, the adjutant-general, who had appointed Dr Mona Chalmers Watson the first Chief Controller and senior officer. On 31 March 1917 women in the WAAC were first sent to the battlefields in France, just 14 cooks and waitresses. Helen Gwynne-Vaughan was the Senior Officer overseas, and Florence Leach was the controller of the cooks. The corps was disbanded in September 1921.
After a German air raid in September 1940 most of the service records did not survive. Those which did have suffered fire, water and mould damage. The National Archives in Kew, Surrey, digitised these to prevent further damage and they can be searched and viewed online. The last WAAC veteran was Ivy Lillian Campany, who died in 2008.
ROYAL MILITARY ACADEMY SANDHURST OFFICERS CADET CAP BADGEA fine scarce E11R example, with slider and maker J R Gaunt London to reverse. Reference K & K Vol 2 item 2171 page 99
ARMY CYCLIST CORPS 12 [spoke] CAP BADGEA fine Army Cyclist Corps scarce OR’s brass 12 spoke cap badge. A good die-stamped example. (KK 1872) Slider.
Code: 53300Price: 45.00 GBP
PAGETS MASSAGE SERVICE CAP BADGE 1914 - 1915A rare brass cap badge with two loops to reverse.
King's crown with interwoven PMS below.
Almeric Hugh Paget 1st Baron Queenborough formed corps in 1914 with 50 masseuses rapidly rising to over 100. Military added to title in 1915 and renamed Military Massage Service in 1919.
& maintained by Concept500