This site uses cookies, continued use of this website indicates that you're happy to accept cookies. Click Here to view our Privacy & Cookie Policy

+44 (0)7793 546579


click for more images

Malayan Peoples Anti Japanese Army (MPAJA) Cap Badge.

A nice original cast locally made cap badge, with two loops to rear.

The Malayan People's Anti-Japanese Army (MPAJA) was a guerrilla army founded in 1942. It was formed to counter the Japanese occupation of Malaya. The British military, foreseeing a Japanese invasion, trained small groups of Malayans as guerrilla troops; these became the MPAJA. Men would be loaned to the British for S.O.E. to Force 136. Beginning in 1943, Force 136 sent agents and supplies, first by submarine and later by air drops. Cap badge for the Malayan People's Anti-Japanese Army, which was formed in 1941 from members of the Malayan Communist Party to organise resistance against the Japanese occupation forces.

Code: 53441Price: 160.00 GBP

click for more images

A fine 2nd pattern die struck white metal mint example with North south lugs.
A mailed gauntlet for the right hand, fist clenched, with a billet on the wrist inscribed R A C. With an Imperial crown. 1942-1953.
Vgc Ref KK Vol 2 1919

Code: 53427Price: 20.00 GBP

click for more images

A very scarce silver stick pin of the Long Range Desert Group. STG SIL to reverse. After research it apears to be a Sterling Silver mark is from New Zealand. Also has TMJ initials to reverse. Excellent example of perhaps a sweetheart as the radius is only 20 mm.

Code: 53413Price: 475.00 GBP

click for more images

A good scarce 1963 to 68 example. Crossed kurkris with parachute set above, two lugs to reverse, and backing plate.
This unit was formed from volunteers from all eight regiments and corps units of the Brigade of Gurkhas on 1 January 1963, with the original role of airfield seizure for 17th Gurkha Division, with an all ranks strength of 128 men. Parachute training was conducted in Malaya, with selection carried out at Johore Baru under Captain Bruce Niven of the 10th Princess Mary's Own Gurkha Rifles.

Code: 53412Price:

click for more images

A fine scarce Officers Bullion formation sign. Reference Cole 77
Made history with their airborne invasions penetrating deep into Burma under Major General Orde Wingate D.S.O.

The Chindits were disbanded in February 1945. Several of the brigade headquarters and many of the veterans of the Chindit operations were reformed and merged into 44th Airborne Division, while the force headquarters and signals units formed the core of XXXIV Indian Corps.

Code: 53401Price: 150.00 GBP

click for more images

A fine scarce printed shoulder combination on pale tropical sleeve. The hole upper sleeve has been removed.

The 3rd Parachute Brigade was an airborne forces brigade raised by the British Army during the Second World War. The brigade was initially part of the 1st Airborne Division, but remained in Britain when that division was sent overseas, and became part of the 6th Airborne Division, alongside 5th Parachute Brigade and 6th Airlanding Brigade.

The brigade first went into action on 5 June 1944 during Operation Tonga, part of the Normandy landings. The objective was to destroy the Merville Gun Battery and the bridges over the River Dives. The brigade achieved all its objectives, and remained defending the left flank of the invasion zone until mid August. They then crossed the River Dives and advanced as far as the River Seine before they were withdrawn. While recovering in England, the brigade was moved to Belgium in December 1944, to counter the German attack in the Ardennes. The brigade remained on the border between Belgium and the Netherlands carrying out patrols until March 1945. Their next airborne mission was Operation Varsity, the assault crossing of the River Rhine in Germany. After this, the brigade advanced towards the Baltic Sea, arriving just ahead of the Red Army.

Still part of the 6th Airborne Division, the brigade was sent to the British mandate of Palestine in October 1945 after the end of the war. Carrying out an internal security role with the rest of 6th Airborne Division, it remained in Palestine until it was disbanded in 1947.

Code: 53404Price: 450.00 GBP

click for more images

A fine very scarce and short lived Indian cast example, with two looped fixings to reverse.
The 151st Parachute Battalion was raised from British Army Volunteers in Delhi in 1941and belonged to the 50th Indian Parachute Brigade. It played an internal role in suppressing riots in Delhi in August 1942. In November it was re-designated 156 Parachute Battalion, and joined the 4th Parachute Brigade in Kabrit in Egypt in 1943.

Code: 53400Price: 350.00 GBP

click for more images

A very scarce Long Range Desert Group beret badge, die cast with two loops to reverse. A little rubbed, but you can still see slight definition in the Scorpions back, an excellent original item. Lots of fakes about as we all know, came from a good source. More photos if required. Just email me, or I can send photos.

The Long Range Desert Group (LRDG) was a reconnaissance and raiding unit of the British Army during the Second World War. The commander of the German Afrika Corps, Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, admitted that the LRDG "caused us more damage than any other British unit of equal strength".
Originally called the Long Range Patrol (LRP), the unit was founded in Egypt in June 1940 by Major Ralph A. Bagnold, acting under the direction of General Archibald Wavell. Bagnold was assisted by Captain Patrick Clayton and Captain William Shaw. At first the majority of the men were from New Zealand, but they were soon joined by Rhodesian and British volunteers, whereupon new sub-units were formed and the name was changed to the better-known Long Range Desert Group (LRDG). The LRDG never numbered more than 350 men, all of whom were volunteers.
The LRDG was formed specifically to carry out deep penetration, covert reconnaissance patrols and intelligence missions from behind Italian lines, although they sometimes engaged in combat operations. Because the LRDG were experts in desert navigation they were sometimes assigned to guide other units, including the Special Air Service and secret agents across the desert. During the Desert Campaign between December 1940 and April 1943, the vehicles of the LRDG operated constantly behind the Axis lines, missing a total of only 15 days during the entire period. Possibly their most notable offensive action was during Operation Caravan, an attack on the town of Barce and its associated airfield, on the night of 13 September 1942. However, their most vital role was the 'Road Watch', during which they clandestinely monitored traffic on the main road from Tripoli to Benghazi, transmitting the intelligence to British Army Headquarters.
With the surrender of the Axis forces in Tunisia in May 1943, the LRDG changed roles and moved operations to the eastern Mediterranean, carrying out missions in the Greek islands, Italy and the Balkans. After the end of the war in Europe, the leaders of the LRDG made a request to the War Office for the unit to be transferred to the Far East to conduct operations against the Japanese Empire. The request was declined and the LRDG was disbanded in August 1945.

Code: 53399Price: 800.00 GBP

click for more images

Two very scarce woven shoulder titles, 1942-45. Some glue residue to reverse.
The 1st Special Air Service Brigade (1st SAS) during the Second World War. It was first formed in Cairo in 1941.
In January 1943, Colonel Stirling was captured in Tunisia and Paddy Mayne replaced him as commander. In April 1943, the 1st SAS was reorganised into the Special Raiding Squadron under Mayne's command and the Special Boat Squadron was placed under the command of George Jellicoe. The Special Raiding Squadron fought in Sicily and Italy along with the 2nd SAS, which had been formed in North Africa in 1943 in part by the renaming of the Small Scale Raiding Force. The Special Boat Squadron fought in the Aegean Islands and Dodecanese until the end of the war. In 1944 the SAS Brigade was formed from the British 1st and 2nd SAS, the French 3rd and 4th SAS and the Belgian 5th SAS. It was tasked with parachute operations behind the German lines in France and carried out operations supporting the Allied advance through Belgium, the Netherlands (Operation Pegasus), and eventually into Germany (Operation Archway).As a result of Hitler's issuing of the Commando Order on 18 October 1942, the members of the unit faced the additional danger that they would be summarily executed if ever captured by the Germans. In July 1944, following Operation Bulbasket, 34 captured SAS commandos were summarily executed by the Germans. In October 1944, in the aftermath of Operation Loyton another 31 captured SAS commandos were summarily executed by the Germans.

Code: 53398Price: 450.00 GBP

click for more images

A very rare Tank Corps splatter mask in excellent condition for age. More photos available if needed.
Most World War I tanks could travel only at about a walking pace at best. Their steel armour could stop small arms fire and fragments from high-explosive artillery shells. However they were vulnerable to a direct hit from artillery and mortar shells. The environment inside was extremely unpleasant; as ventilation was inadequate the atmosphere was heavy with poisonous carbon monoxide from the engine and firing the weapons, fuel and oil vapours from the engine and cordite fumes from the weapons. Temperatures inside could reach 50°C (122°F). Entire crews lost consciousness inside the tanks, or collapsed when again exposed to fresh air.

To counter the danger of bullet splash or fragments knocked off the inside of the hull, the crew driver wore splatter mask, which was metal covered in heavy leather and chainmail. Gas masks were also standard issue, as they were to all soldiers at this point in the war due to the use of chemical warfare. The side armour of 8 mm initially made them largely immune to small arms fire, but could be penetrated by the recently developed armour-piercing K bullets. There was also the danger of being overrun by infantry and attacked with grenades. The next generation had thicker armour, making them nearly immune to the K bullets. In response, the Germans developed a larger purpose-made anti-tank rifle, and also a Geballte Ladung ("Bunched Charge")—several regular stick grenades bundled together for a much bigger explosion.

Code: 53405Price: 1200.00 GBP

Website designed & maintained by Concept500